- Don’t view this necessarily as a list of the limitations of your thesis
- Think of what you would do if you had an extra year in your Ph.D.
- Don’t worry – this is not for your advisor to hold your feet to the fire
- Think of 2-3 other follow-on Ph.D. dissertations that you can envision
- Be reflective and honest
- What were the lessons learned?
- What were the overall insights?
- Did you solve the problem completely? How much progress have we made in your field because of your work
- Don’t bore the reader with a cut-and-paste of your Introduction chapter